Thursday, September 2, 2010

Madame Tussauds Wax Museum

Every time I come to Las Vegas, I try to see something I’ve never seen before. It’s not always that easy a thing to do, since the last time I counted, I’d been to Sin City more than 60 times.
And yet, I can almost always find something new. This time, it was the Madame Tussauds Wax Museum – the one inside The Venetian Resort. Can you believe that I’ve never been to one? I’ve passed the wax museum many times at Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco, but never once did I step inside.
What nailed it was a coupon I received from Hertz when I picked up my rental car. It was a 20%-off coupon, which translated into $5 off the ticket price of $25.
The funny thing is, I only had to pay $19. Let’s see now … $25 minus $5 equals $19? It just don’t add up! But what the heck, who am I to complain, for after all, I did get to meet …
Britney Spears
Debbie Reynolds
Elvis Presley
Johnny Depp
Shirley MacLaine
Among many others, that is. And you know what? Everybody was right. The wax statues truly do look real and lifelike.
Good for me, I had a nice adventure … and at a discount too.

2 comments:

R. said...

Britney's showing a lot of skin .. er ... wax.

Anonymous said...

The first time I went to the Wax Museum (in Vegas, at the Venetian), but hubby (then boyfriend) didn't want to go, so I ended up going with a friend (whose wife didn't want to go). We spent over an hour in there, taking all kinds of funny, goofy pictures with the "stars." It was a lot of fun.

The second time I went, hubby decided to join me, and he won't admit, but he had fun posing too!

Interesting to note, all these movie stars are a lot shorter in real life!