Monday, September 6, 2010

George Now in the East

Remember the $1 bill I got in change back in June? Here’s the picture to refresh your memory:

The “Where’s George $1 Bill”

I spent the dollar on Monday, June 21 in Las Vegas, and recently, an email from the “Where’s George” website appeared in my email box with a tracking report.

It seems that 65 days after I put George back into circulation, it turned up in Wilton, New Hampshire, on August 26. Then, about seven days later (September 2), it was in Clendenin, West Virginia.

So far, since it was recorded in Hawaii, the bill has traveled 5,627 miles in one year, 275 days (not taking into account the days since September 2), at an average speed of 84 miles per day.

I hope people continue to input where it shows up, because I can’t wait to see where it turns up next.

If you’d like to see the web page, here’s the URL: http://www.wheresgeorge.com/report.php?key=acf55b98d306eb34cb46396643500484a68f4faeb29fe274

1 comment:

casch said...

What fun! This is a cool thing to do!