Friday, September 24, 2010

Frozen Bucks

One of the “living statues” in The Venetian Resorts’ Grand Canal Shoppes was raking it in when I passed by his performance area a few weeks ago in Las Vegas. People were dropping dollar bills in front of him every few seconds.
That’s when he’d break his frozen stance, turning his right hand and forming the “A-OK” circle, touching the tips of his thumb and forefinger together while maintaining his snow-white frozen cool.
But I noticed that he wasn’t all that disinterested in his audience. As I walked by with my camera, his eyes were following me (that was kind of creepy). I bet he was thinking I was going to drop a bill or two on the ledge.
Well, if he did, he was sorely disappointed. All I did was aim my camera and take this picture. My bucks were frozen, all right. Frozen inside my wallet.
Sometimes I disgust even myself with my stinginess. Mwahh-hahh-hahh!

2 comments:

casch said...

Wouldn't he have been surprised if you grabbed a couple of his bucks as you walked by! LOL

Craig Miyamoto said...

Security probably would have whisked me away to a backroom somewhere and beat the stuffing outta me!