Saturday, August 3, 2013

Popcorn Rock: Day 21 (The End)


Well, I think this is the end. This is what the Popcorn Rock project looked like yesterday on Day 21. Not too much different from Day 17, so I’ve decided to end the experiment.
All in all, it was okay. A bit of a disappointment, though, I must say, because I expected something a little more spectacular. Was I doing something wrong? Or did I just get ahold of a wimp Dolomite?
No matter. It was interesting to watch the Aragonite crystals form, and indeed the big mass on the tip of the rock does look like popcorn. In my opinion, it was a success. Not the best I’d expected, but good enough, and that’s pretty rare for me to say that.
Normally, “good enough” is not good enough. But what the hell, huh?

2 comments:

casch said...

But it was interesting!

Craig Miyamoto said...

Yep, it sure was!

~ Craig