Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Actually, Grandpa ...

When my grandson visited us in June, he brought hand-crafted gifts for the wife and me that he had made himself.

"Actually, Grandpa, it was daddy," the kid confessed. (I'm amazed that he qualified his sentence with the word, "actually." He's only 4, and I mean, how many kids talk that way anyway?)

"Ohh, you mean he helped you?"

"Yes!" he replied excitedly, "He helped me with the hard parts."

Lest you think the little flower dish he gave Grandma and the Angry Bird "piggy" bank he gave me were constructed in his little hands, they weren't.

They went to one of those craft stores where you pick an object, paint it, and they finish it up for you.

My grandson has a hard time not letting secrets slip. When we had talked on FaceTime, he did mention he had a surprise for me and the wife.

Kids. Ya gotta love 'em.

2 comments:

casch said...

Aren't grand kids the greatest!?!

Craig Miyamoto said...

I have only one, and he's the best thing that happened to me since ... well, since most other things!

~ Craig