Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Visit to the Vampire Lady

Every three months, I visit Diagnostic Laboratory Services for a little date with the Vampire Lady. It's my quarterly blood-letting that precedes my quarterly checkup with my internist.

The Vampire Lady's name is Hong, and she's the best blood-drawing technician I've ever had.

She knows how to find the little tiny veins on the wife's and mother-in-law's arms; when others draw the blood, they have to do several pokes before they get it right.

Anyway, I'm usually in and out in less than five minutes, thanks to Hong.

In fact, the last time I was there, I barely had enough time to snap my self-portrait in the convex reflecting dome in front of my booth before she whisked in and sucked out my blood.

Very efficient indeed!

No comments: