Sunday, June 23, 2013

Order in the Court

You may have seen these before – maybe in an email, maybe on a website, maybe even on Facebook. But I think they’re funny enough to bear repeating. According to the email I got, these are from the book, Disorder in the American Courts.

And they swear these are true stories gleaned from the records of actual court reporters.
* * * * *
ATTORNEY: What was the first thing your husband said to you that morning?
WITNESS: He said, “Where am I, Cathy?”
ATTORNEY: And why did that upset you?
WITNESS: My name is Susan.
* * * * *
ATTORNEY: What gear were you in at the moment of impact?
WITNESS: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.
* * * * *
ATTORNEY: Are you sexually active?
WITNESS: No, I just lie there.
* * * * *
ATTORNEY: What is your date of birth?
WITNESS: July 18th.
ATTORNEY: What year?
WITNESS: Every year.
* * * * *
ATTORNEY: How old is your son, the one living with you?
WITNESS: Thirty-eight or thirty-five, I can’t remember which.
ATTORNEY: How long has he lived with you?
WITNESS: Forty-five years.
* * * * *
ATTORNEY: This myasthenia gravis, does it affect your memory at all?
WITNESS: Yes.
ATTORNEY: And in what ways does it affect your memory?
WITNESS: I forget.
ATTORNEY: You forget? Can you give us an example of something you forgot?
* * * * *
ATTORNEY: Now doctor, isn’t it true that when a person dies in his sleep, he doesn’t know about it until the next morning?
WITNESS: Did ou actually pass the bar exam?
* * * * *
ATTORNEY: The youngest son, the 20-year-old, how old is he?
WITNESS: He’s 20, much like your IQ.
* * * * *
ATTORNEY: Were you present when your picture was taken?
WITNESS: Are you shitting me?
* * * * *
ATTORNEY: So the date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th?
WITNESS: Yes.
ATTORNEY: And what were you doing at the time?
WITNESS: Getting laid.
* * * * *
Okay, that’s enough. I can’t stand it any longer, so I’ll continue this at another time.

No comments: