Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Menu Misteaks … er, Mistakes

For some reason (maybe because I’ve edited so many works of others in my past and it’s coming back to haunt me), typographical, spelling, and word usage errors just seem to jump off the page at me. More likely than not, these days, it’s the menus in restaurants the wife and I patronize.

Here’s one from Cathay Jade Chinese Restaurant in San Jose:
 
All I could think about when I saw this was maybe I needed to stay away from the bill if it’s going to be a-pecking at me? And look, you get a whole one with its buns (butt?) intact. How bouddat!
Here’s another that I saw at Flames Coffee Shop in San Jose:
 
Their Corned Beef Hash Benedict comes with “wich creamy Hollandaise.” Now, why are they asking me? I mean, do I have a choice?
See? See what I mean? Help me!
 

3 comments:

Barbara said...

I always try to stay away from pecking ducks! I was traumatized by one chasing me when I was a child.

casch said...

I can see others errors, but I find it vey difficult to proofread my own work.

Craig Miyamoto said...

My problem was pecking geese in parks, Barbara!

I know what you mean, Carolyn, the same goes for me. I still make them!

~ Craig