Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Haircut Detour in Offing


Arriving at Ala Moana Shopping Center yesterday for my month haircut, I saw these signs at the Pensacola Street entrance to the center.

My favorite and most convenient entry point, which leads almost directly to Thom's Barbershop, is going to close for good the day after Independence Day. After that, I'll have to make a major detour and do a lot more left-right-left-right turning to get to the barbershop.

This is all due, of course, to the closing of Sears, one of the center's original anchor stores. One doesn't realize how large a space it occupied on the ewa end, but a drive-by on the street level is an eye-opener. Plus, it's three levels.

A new assortment of tenants will take over the site, which I believe will be enlarged and reconfigured. More money for the owners of the mall, I guess.

As for me, I'll have to reconfigure my route to get my hair cut from now on.

No comments: