Thursday, October 4, 2012

Shame on KHNL-TV


... and so, after yesterday's final games of the 2012 season, the Wild Card Playoffs have been set for Major League Baseball. The St. Louis Cardinals will play the Atlanta Braves at 11 a.m. Hawaiian time, and the Baltimore Orioles will face the Texas Rangers at 2:37 p.m. Hawaiian.

The games will be broadcast on TBS this Friday, Sept. 5 ... WAIT! Friday, Sept. 5? That was last month! How can this be?

Someone at KHNL-TV, the NBC affiliate in Hawaii, was guilty last night of not paying attention when s/he typed in the date of the playoffs. See where it says "FRIDAY, SEPT. 5" under "MLB WILD CARD PLAYOFFS"?

Of course, we all know it was supposed to be Friday, Oct. 5. Let me go check my calendar and Google the wild card schedule just to make sure ... yep, that's what it is. Friday, Oct. 5.

Oooohhhh, major faux pas! I wouldn't be surprised if somebody takes a pay cut because of this. People, you gotta be careful. Your credibility is at stake. If I were in charge, I'd send the responsible person packing. But then, I'm not in charge, am I?

No comments: