Monday, October 15, 2012

Laundrimat? LAUNDRIMAT?!

I came across this strip mall sign while driving down Tropicana Boulevard in Las Vegas as I neared Henderson, on my way to Boulder Highway. 

It's a pretty nice sign, I have to admit, very modern and clean-looking, with the current temperature lit up in red. I was at a stoplight, so I had a chance to peruse the establishments at my leisure, when what did I see but a misspelled word. 

It’s "LAUNDRIMAT" (under the "104˚F" and "RUMRUNNER" listings). 

I mean, didn't someone proofread it during planning, during the sign construction, and afterwards? Sure, they do laundry, but even then, "laundry" isn't spelled "laundri," is it? (Or did somebody change the rules while I wasn't paying attention?) 

Good grief. But y'know, in a way I'm glad they didn't correct it. Now I have something to make fun of in my blog.

No comments: