Monday, October 1, 2012

Green Can Irritate

Sometimes, “going green” can be pretty irritating. Case in point: McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas has removed the paper towels from the men’s room and replaced them with hot air.

This is nothing new in our world; hot-air hand dryers have been around for a long time, and in general, I don’t mind using them, although I question how green they really are if they use a whole lot of electricity to heat the blowers.
What I don’t like about the greening of the restrooms is that I can no longer give my face a refreshing rinse after a long flight. Why? Because I can’t hold my face in a hand dryer to dry it off afterwards. Besides, a hot-air dryer does not remove the body oil and clinging dust and microscopic grit that accumulates. For that, you need a good wiping.
I gotta use paper for that. So I grab a whole lot of toilet paper to dry my face.
Yep, sometimes “green” can be pretty irritating.

2 comments:

casch said...

And TP leaves small pieces of paper stuck to your face!

Craig Miyamoto said...

LOL Carolyn!

~ Craig