Sunday, October 28, 2012

Season's Best Craft Fair

 
Every year, I participate in an ornament exchange with chat friends who frequent a bulletin board that I visit daily. Yesterday, my USC Trojans lost to the University of Arizona, and you know what they say: When you’re down in the dumps, go shopping. So that’s what I did.
I thought I’d get my exchange box completed early, so I went to the Season’s Best Craft Fair at the Blaisdell Exhibition Hall – a three-day affair with more than 200 vendors – in hopes that I’d find a Christmas ornament that I could send to my exchange partner.
Well, it wasn’t as I expected. There weren’t many Hawaii-made ornament booths there. Oh, there were tee-shirt and quilt and jewelry vendors, but nothing quite Christmassy (guess it was a little too early in the season). However, I did find something for my exchange box, so all in all, the day’s venture was a success.
If you want to go, you’d better hurry, the show closes today. Then, you’ll have to check out the holiday and gift fairs at the local schools. I can skip those this year, because my ornament exchange shopping is done.
There were some neat offerings, so I was able to record quite a few pictures of some unusual gifts. Here are a few of the pictures I took. Enjoy.
Fabric Leis
 
Hand-made Quilts
 
Kiddie Tee Shirts
 
Chinese Good Luck Shirts
 
Candy Wrapper Handbags
 
Halloweenies
 

No comments: