Saturday, June 12, 2010

“Where’s George?” Dollar Bill

Life keeps handing one Easter eggs just when one least expects it.

Case in point: One of the dollar bills I received in change at the Dole Cannery Theaters yesterday had some red writing on it: “Trace This Bill, WheresGeorge.com” on the front, and the website (www.WheresGeorge.com) on two of the bill’s margins on the back.

I went to the website and entered the serial number to see what exciting parts of the world the bill had visited.

Here’s what I learned: The bill was first registered at 8:27 p.m. on Nov. 30, 2008, by someone named “Jay” who hails from Virginia Beach, Virginia. Jay got the bill as change from the Pearl Harbor Navy Exchange food court Taco Bell. He rubber stamped the bill, then gave it to his friend Stephanie in exchange for a different bill.

Since then – one year, 192 days, and 21 hours later – I’m the first to add to the entry.

Obviously this bill has been around the block a few times ‘cause it’s got more wrinkles than a 100-year-old man who’s been in the sun too long. But nobody logged it in.

I’m going to take it with me on my next mainland trip and spend it on the continent so it increases its chances of inspiring more entries.

Fun, fun, fun!

1 comment:

casch said...

I had one similar to that once. I thought it was such fun. Maybe I just don't have any excitement in my life, but I thought it was cool!