Sunday, June 13, 2010

Say “Cheese!”

According to a study in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, if you eat cheese, you stand a chance of lessening your weight gain over time.

Imagine that!

Apparently, there’s a bunch of “conjugated linoleic acid” (CLA) in full-fat whole cheese that increases your metabolic mojo. The researchers found that CLA reduced fat and preserves muscle tissue. It also has cancer-fighting properties.

Just make sure you don’t stuff your face with it. The study found best results with a one-ounce portion each day – about the size of your thumb, or a Laughing Cow wedge.

Now … smile! Say “Cheese!”

1 comment:

casch said...

goody, goody! I love cheese and I've recently started to buy the Laughing Cow wedges. I thought of it as an indulgence on my part. Now I don't feel so guilty, I'll just have to be careful how much I use on my pasta!