Friday, June 11, 2010

Ruby Tuesday Disappoints

I like Ruby Tuesday; I truly do. But life is full of disappointments, and Ruby Tuesday finally made the list.
After discovering that the restaurant now serves breakfast at a few of their locations on Saturdays and Sundays, I wanted to give them a try. The one that’s closest to us – in Ala Moana Center – was not on the breakfast-location list, so we had to take a little drive out past the airport on a Sunday morning.
Their breakfast menu was fine; it’s not a full menu, but there was a good choice. The food was okay, nothing really to scream headlines about, but the fried rice and kalua pig hash were fine (they just needed an additional sprinkle of salt).
However … when my orange juice arrived, the glass was dirty – water spots all over the base, and there was a piece of some kind of crud stuck to the underside. Very unappetizing.
I sent the juice back with a slightly disgusted grumble, but not before I took a picture to share with you.
Cruddy Water-Spotted Juice Glass

No comments: