Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Pigeon Poop Head

I seem to be on a roll lately, posting stuff about poop. But if I may beg your indulgence, here’s one more and I promise I won’t do any poop posts for a long time to come.

I feel sorry for the poor lady sculpture posed on the lawn of the Neal Blaisdell Concert Hall.

Pigeons have no respect for a young woman sitting on a bench who is simply enjoying herself watching the traffic go by. They just land on her head and poop away. Whitewash. Doo doo. Avian drops.

This reminds me of the poem recited by Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr (Steve Martin) in the movie, “The Man With Two Brains”:

Pointy bird, oh pointy pointy,

Anoint my head, anointy nointy.

You can see the poop … er, poor … lass as you drive near the intersection of Ward Avenue and King Street just Diamond Head (east) of downtown Honolulu.

The poor thing. Would somebody please wash the pigeon poop off her head?

No comments: