Thursday, May 27, 2010

An Expensive Dress

Whilst cooling my heels in a doctor’s office the other day, I picked up a copy of Self magazine – the December 2009 issue, which isn’t exactly current, but as we all know, waiting room magazines seldom are.

In fact, I’ve read magazine in doctors’ offices that are three, even four years old.

But I digress.

What I really wanted to mention is that dress being worn by actress Amanda Peet looks as though she had lain down on a slanted rug and slid down until her dress was pushed up all around her.

That’s not to say that she doesn’t look good in it, because she does. I’m just saying the dress looks rumpled.

The thing is, the designer (Ruching?) charged a whole lotta bucks to sell that look – $2,950 to be exact.

Lemme see … that comes out to about $75 a rumple-pleat.

No comments: