Sunday, May 2, 2010

May Day Orchid Show

May Day, as everyone who lives in Hawaii knows, is Lei Day in the Islands. And what better way to observe the beauty of Hawaii than to attend an orchid show just up the street from where we live.

The Orchid Society of Manoa opened its annual two-day Orchid Show and Sale at Nohelani Elementary School yesterday, so the wife and I spent an hour or so wandering among the displays, watching lei making, and talking to the vendors who had orchid plants for sale.

The show continues today, then closes up shop until next year.

I always take my camera along with me on these little excursions; here are a few that I’d like to share with you:

Orchid Society Members Weaving Leis

OSM Blc Toshie Aoki 52701

OSM Paph Hsinging Lady Duck

One of Four Club Displays

I've already got next year's show in my tickle file for 2011.

1 comment:

casch said...

Beautiful photos!