Thursday, March 25, 2010

No Pain, No Gain

Spring training is here and baseball has turned the corner of my mind and once again has muscled into my thoughts. So I’m reminded of another minor league baseball promotion that caught my eye.

The Quad City River Bandits in Davenport, Iowa, implored fans to tattoo themselves with the River Bandits logo on a visible part of their body.

The promotion went like this: If any fan went through the pain, the fan would receive season’s tickets (retail $300) to cheer on the Bandits. Simple enough.

"Team Tattoo Night" was apparently a success. Twenty-eight people took them up.

River Bandits general manager Kirk Goodman was ecstatic to know that there were 28 permanent logos floating around the community.

Don’t things like this just crack you up? I think it’s hilarious, myself.

No comments: