Monday, March 2, 2009

Same Ol' Same Ol'

Well, I survived another outing at the Pagoda Floating Restaurant in Honolulu.


This time, it was to celebrate the birthdays of my two brothers-in-law and my mother-in-law, whose birthdays fall within the first four days of March.


The family went ahead to be seated while I parked the car and when I went in to find them, I had to shake my head in "here we go again" fashion.


The buffet items were exactly the same as the last time we'd been there. Exactly.


And, the family was seated at the exact same table we dined at the last time we were there. Exactly.


Finally, the food tasted the same as it always does. Exactly.


Same ol', same ol'. Jeez!

3 comments:

Montee said...

There are times we will go to a favorite restaurant and almost everytime we are seated at the same table.

Montee said...

I hope the ATL Braves do better this year too. I don't know though. I will say that the people in charge aren't real swift, if you know what I mean. Phillip's M-Braves won the Southern League Championship last season. I hope they can repeat this year. Phillip and the team get their championship rings during Spring Training. I have seen a rendition of them and they are very nice. I will try to get a picture of the ring sometime and post it on my blog.

By the way, he does have umpire friends. He was very calm last year when getting thrown out. I miss the good old days but he has been cautious about putting on a good show since "The Incident." I told him that this season he needs to breakout again.

Unknown said...

I love it! That's why old ppl like to go there!