Sunday, March 29, 2009

Rejoicing!

My love gave me her heart today;
It rested in my lasting touch
And filled my smile; I felt it weigh
Within my hand’s abiding clutch.
Luminescent scarlet glowed;
It sparkled, shimmered flecks of light,
A countenance at once bestowed
Mere symphony of thoughts so right.

My love gave me her heart today;
She gave it with conditions none.
I press it to my chest and pray
It will remain when day is done.
The heat it gives will warm my own
And banish all that interfere,
No longer she or I alone
Shall tread the paths that will appear.

My love gave me her heart today;
She touched her lips upon my cheek,
Her hand caressed, a warm display
Of kindness, caring so unique.
It’s endless, oh this joy I feel,
It leaps, it dances, and it sings!
My beaming smile cannot conceal
The happiness her gift it brings.

My love gave me her heart today …

I wrote this in 2003 when I was in a happy mood.

No comments: