Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Summer Mist

How gentle doth she kiss my cheek and moisten to the touch,
Creeping close to filter through and rest on forest floor.
She whispers with a touch of silk, beyond my eager ears,
A song of love sought long ago with questions to explore.

With shuffling and slackened pace, I feel my summer mist
Reflect the light from higher up to bring her beauty nigh.
She reaches out and kisses me until she feels me quiver,
Then touches fingertips of love upon my sleepy eyes.

A rainbow arcs across the branch to herald her approach
I lift my face to welcome her, inviting warmth of kiss.
Embracing thought, emotions deep, there is no other one
Refreshing thirst, reliving life – my lovely summer mist.

I wrote this poem in March 2006 on a chilly and rainy day, and experimented with rhyming just the second and fourth lines of each stanza.

2 comments:

casch said...

Quite lovely!

Beverly said...

Totally beautiful, Craig.