Friday, March 13, 2009

Annoying Little @#$%^ Kid

Two young mothers brought their kids to the horrific movie I saw today. "The Last House on the Left," originally directed in 1972 by horror master Wes Craven, and remade for today's audience, is a graphic horrid shocker, heavy in sexuality, torture and gore.


It's not a great movie by any means. But the most shocking thing is that the mothers would bring their children to see it. Unfortunately, they sat behind me.


One child was a babe-in-arms, so I guess it's "no harm, no foul," as far as that kid is concerned. But the other child was about 4 years old and as restless as cat on a hot tin roof.


The kid babbled on and on during the movie, the mom repositioned his stroller often, bumping the back of my chair, pulling her son back into her lap and whispering, "Shhhh shhhh."


Now, I'm a pretty tolerant guy, but about 15 minutes into the movie, when the kid tossed his plastic milk bottle up in the air and it hit my foot, I'd had enough.


I stood up, turned around, grunted out a "Jeez, lady," and changed my seat.


"Sorry, sorry, I'm so sorry" ... yeah, right.

3 comments:

R. said...

I never go to the movies anymore. The other (rude) patrons drive me nuts. I'll stick to my dvds and my sofa.

Montee said...

Yeah she's sorry alright. A sorry excuse for a mother. How in the world could a mother take a 4 year old to a movie like that? Does she not think that graphic of a movie wouldn't bother a 4 year old? I remember things that happened when I was 4, believe it or not. My college aged daughter also went to see that movie last night. She said it was extremely graphic and she was embarrassed with the graphic sexual content. She went with her two girlfriends.

casch said...

She must have felt it was cheaper than a babysitter! How sad. Poor parenting in my opinion.

I saw two unruly children nearly knock down an elderly lady in the medical bldg they other day and Mom never said a word.

What ever happened to discipline and manners?