Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wash, Rinse, Repeat

This is not about shampoo. It's about reading a book.

I just finished reading Night Light by Terri Blackstock, the second book in her Restoration Series.

But when I went to post it in my Book Boogie blog, I discovered I'd already reviewed it nearly four years ago. Hell, no wonder some parts sounded so familiar. And here I thought I was so insightful because I could almost anticipate what was going to happen next.

This has happened to me twice before, but luckily I figured it out early, before committing fingers to keyboard.

Nobody likes wasting a perfectly good, well-written book review, so I tried to see if the situation could be salvaged. Maybe I could surreptitiously replace the old one with the new? Maybe I could delete the old and post the new? Surely, there's something I could do.

So I re-read the old one, and wouldn't you know it, it was better than the one I'd just written. Consequently I did what any other self-respecting writer/blogger would do.

I trashed the new one. Damn, that hurt.

No comments: