Saturday, January 17, 2015

Bloody Body Clock is Out of Whack Again

I've been waking up too early lately, probably a relapse into jet lag (or rather, jet jump) resulting from my last trip to Las Vegas (where it's two hours early than Hawaii) in early December.

It's like the old bod said, "I miss Las Vegas. If Craig won't take me back, at least I can pretend that I'm there."

So the bugger woke up at:

  • 4 a.m. on Saturday
  • 2 a.m. on Sunday
  • 3 a.m. on Monday
  • 4 a.m. on Tuesday
  • 4:30 a.m. on Wednesday
  • 3:30 a.m. on Thursday
  • 5 a.m. yesterday (a little reprieve there).
I think it has something to do with having to pee, and then not being able to fall back to sleep.

It's not like bedtime has come early, either; it's still around 11 p.m, which means I'm only getting three to five hours sleep a night. All it does is make me a little dozy in mid-afternoon, when on more than one occasion lately, I almost slid off of my outside reading chair with my mind wandering around the stars behind the moon.

So what's going to happen when the leap second is added to our clocks on June 30? Will my body clock reset too? Will it allow me that one extra second of sleep I crave?

Oh, you didn't know about the leap second? They do this every few years because the earth's rotation is slowing ... little by little. Are you getting worried? Good. Maybe you'll start getting up early too, so you can join me in a "bloody body clock is out of whack again" moment.

Got to make use of every available second, y'know.

Bonus: Try saying "bloody body clock" 10 times real fast.

No comments: