Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Twice is Amazing Luck


A couple of days before the wife checked into the hospital in early June for her procedure, we had breakfast at the Big City Diner in the Ward complex next to the theaters.

On a whim, we each entered the drawing for an Aloha Petroleum gas card at the hostess stand, dropped them in the box, and forgot about them.

A few days later, while the wife was recuperating and out of it in the hospital room, I got a call from my brother-in-law that the restaurant had called to let us know that the wife had won a $25 gas card in the drawing. Before heading off to visit her the next day, I dropped by the restaurant and picked up the card.

The manager on duty was happy that she'd won, because we go there often and he remembers her. The card came in handy and half-filled our Rav4 gas tank.

Now, check this out. A week of so ago, we dropped by the Big City Diner in Kaimuki for breakfast since we had to go to Ka Lei Eggs and pick up some ... well, eggs. Our waiter brought us some entry blanks to fill' I told him the wife had actually won a couple of weeks earlier.

He laughed and said there's nothing wrong with winning again. So I filled in all four with the wife's name, figuring she's the lucky one.

Then, a few days later, we were back and our waitress gave us a couple more entry blanks that I filled out with the wife's name again.

Guess what. A few days later, we got a call that the wife had won a $25 gas card. That makes two! I think we're going to enter again the next time we go there.

Once is lucky, twice is amazing, but a third time's the charm.

2 comments:

casch said...

Sea luckier than she knows I think. :)

Craig Miyamoto said...

I agree. But don't tell her or she'll want to go to Vegas with me. Shhhhhh.

~ Craig