Sunday, July 28, 2013

Funny (To Us) Signs from India 1

You've heard me make fun of Chinese menu misspellings and bad word choices that make us English speakers chuckle all over our lips.

Well, I found some signs from India that will make you laugh. Actually, as far as English is concerned, the words are misspelled, but come to think of it, they are the result of East Indians trying to cater to their English-speaking clients by spelling the words phonetically, as they pronounce them.

Still, with apologies to all those in India who are trying hard, they are funny. Here is the first of four groups of funny signs:

 
 
 
 
 
 

I'll have more at a later date, after I stop laughing.

2 comments:

casch said...

Oh so funny, but I agree, they are trying! I like that!

murugan.adimai said...

haha...agreed...Im from India and i still find it funny...