Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Monday Night TV

While waiting for Under The Dome (one of my "must-see" TV series) to start last night, I watched two CBS half-hour comedies – Two Broke Girls and Mike and Molly.

Two Broke Girls, now in its third season, stinks. The two female leads are irritating, with screechy irritating voices. I could never care about them.
Mike and Molly, also in its third season, is better –  the two leads are believable. They're definitely are not skinny 20-something model-types. She's not gorgeous, he's not an Adonis. Just real believable, y'know? I could care about them.
So what I will remember most about Monday night? A luscious commercial for Victoria's Secret came on during one of the commercial breaks. The beautiful semi-clad women would have been the most memorable part of the commercial, except for one thing.
Victoria's Secret was promoting its "Body" collection of brassieres. And they used an apostrophe where they shouldn't have. Yep, that kind of ruined it for me. Look à
I think they should have eliminated the apostrophe and just added an "s" to the word "Body." That would be more appropriate, I think. After all, an apostrophe is used to indicate possession. Still, it would look awkward, because the plural of "body" is "bodies."
This one is a little complicated. But ... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments: