Sunday, July 14, 2013

Popcorn Rock: Day 2

My Popcorn Rock adventure is well underway as I try to form Aragonite crystals from a dolomite I drowned in white vinegar yesterday.

The first thing I noticed on Day 2 was that some tiny foam-like bubbles were coming out of the Popcorn Rock and amassing on the surface of Vinegar Lake, right smack dab in the center. And, the rock surface is beginning to sport white spots. See?


The second thing I noticed was that the Popcorn Rock Vinegar Lake bowl was directly in line with the warm air exhaust of our bedroom window air conditioner. Every time we stepped next to it and opened or closed the back screen door, you could smell vinegar.
It’s as though someone had left a plate of pickles there. Funny I didn’t notice it until afterwards, huh?
Still, there is some progress.
Pickle smell or not, it’s still the best place for Popcorn Rock to bathe in Vinegar Lake. So I ain’t moving it. Unless the rest of the family presents a signed petition threatening to kick me out of the house. Then, I’ll consider moving the project closer to my reading chair.
But then, I’d smell it when I’m lazing and messing with my iPad, so maybe that’s not an option either.

If anything exciting happens in the next 24 hours, I'll update again tomorrow. If not, we'll wait a couple of days. Okay?

No comments: