Saturday, November 17, 2012

Voters Must Go Jump in the Lake


I learned the other day that long lines at polling places throughout the United States on Election Day were not the only problem that voters faced.
In one Minnesota precinct, voters would have to take a boat to vote if they wanted to stay afloat. (Hey, I could be a poet!) I’m talking about Minneapolis’ Ward 10, Precinct 3B. See, when the state was redistricted  recently, they created a completely water-soaked precinct on Lake Calhoun’s eastern side.
I kid you not!
Officials are blaming an unintentional mapping software programming error, something about the software being unable to draw a line along the eastern perimeter of the lake without connecting the points. They also said the map was supposed to be corrected in time for the election, but it never happened.
Talk about throwing water on the election. Sounds a little fishy to me.

No comments: