Thursday, November 1, 2012

Holy Halloween Bat-Cat!

On my last trip to Las Vegas, I stopped by the Las Vegas Natural History Museum (as I've mentioned too many times before), simply because I enjoy looking at what they have there. Invariably I notice something I never did before.

This time it was a turtle skull. The funny thing is, when viewed from a certain frontal angle, it looks ike a bat with a cat's face. Those "eye pupils" are actually holds in the bottom of the jaw, and they just so happen to be visible from the nasal openings in the front.

Back where the "ears" appear to be is where the turtle's eyes are situated (I think; I could be wrong, and if I am, I'm sure one of you will correct me. Please do.)

This has been holding on ice for a while; I wanted to share it with you in the spirit of the season, on this day after Halloween.

I'm telling you, if you haven't been to the Las Vegas Natural History Museum, you really ought to visit it the next time you're there.

No comments: