Thursday, November 22, 2012

My Christmas Gift Wish

I found what I want for Christmas ... a suit of Japanese armor like the ones the samurai wore into battle during the 8th-12th Century. It's classic stuff that I'd love to have gracing my hallway at home.

My dilemma is this: What kind of hint can I drop to the wife? I pointed it out to her when we visited the Gift Shop at the Japanese Cultural Center of Hawaii when we were there a couple of weekends ago for the Temari Gift Fair, but she didn't seem particularly impressed.

She doesn't know the price either. I purposely blocked her from seeing the price tag of $5,000. We missed the sale deadline so we can't get the 10% discount, but it still seems reasonable to me. After all, the black lacquered box is included.

Any ideas? Is it too early to be thinking about this? Or is this all a pipe dream?

No comments: