Thursday, November 17, 2011

Who da Guy?

While having breakfast at Big City Diner on Waialae Avenue in Kaimuki one morning with the wife, I checked out the autographed pictures on the wall behind her.

Interesting! There were a few Miss Hawaiis, some well-known entertainers, and a few people that I recognized from local Hawaii television commercials.

Right behind the wife, however, was a person I didn’t recognize. I could read part of his name – “Bobby” something – but that didn’t ring a bell. Neither did he look familiar. The wife took a shot at it and gave up as well.
So I did the most unmanly thing – I asked. Not for directions, because that would be HORRIBLY unmanly, but for identification. You know what? The waitress had no idea and had to ask her manager.
It turns out the mysterious guy is Bobby Curran, who’s been the radio voice of the University of Hawaii sports for 15 years.
Well that figures. No wonder I had no idea who he was. I don’t follow University of Hawaii sports.
But at least now I know who he is.

No comments: