Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Coining a Phrase

Some nice person left me a coin the other day, placing it on my windshield wiper when I went grocery shopping at Manoa Marketplace.
“Where will you spend eternity?” the coin asked me, referring me to the Bible passage John 3:16: For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
It reminded me of the rainbow shaved-ice hair guy who used to pop up in the background of sports events, particularly football games, holding up a sign with “John 3:16” on it.
The coin was made of aluminum so I did the right thing after taking its picture. I put it in the recycling bin because I’m a responsible citizen who wants to conserve the natural resources provided for us by our Maker.

1 comment:

casch said...

I still think it's kind of cool, but I really don't like anyone putting anything on my car~ no matter what it is.