Thursday, November 3, 2011

Stoked on Coke (a-Cola)

The wife and I were turned on to a wonderful cafe not too far from our home this past week - Kit n Kitchen. It's one of those small local cafes that are so prevalent on the mainland, yet hard to find in Honolulu.
One of the things that intrigued me was the collection of Coca-Cola bottles and cans, all full of the terrific beverage, that graced the back wall of the restaurant.
According to owner Kit Yiu, it's the result of 30 years of collecting, augmented by gifts by customers and friends. Don't you love it when a proprietor shares his/her passion with his/her patrons?
I really appreciate it, myself.
Hmmm ... I have a six-pack of Mickey's Toontown Coca-Cola bottles imprinted with the Foodland (Honolulu) logo. I wonder if he'd like to have it ... gotta think about that one.

No comments: