Saturday, November 19, 2011

Piece of Mind

At last, you now have a chance to meet the late, great Albert Einstein and get a piece of his mind.
Well, not exactly, but pieces of his brain will be on public display at the Mutter Museum of the College of Physicians in Philadelphia, where Lucy Rorke-Adams has given some 46 slides of Einstein’s brain for the public to enjoy.
Ms. Rorke-Adams, 82, is a neuropathologist who for the past 47 years has worked at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, attests that Einstein’s brain looks pretty youthful for someone who died at 76 (1955, when I was 11 years old).
Most of his brain resides at the University Medical Center in Princeton. That’s where the post-mortem autopsy of the man I regard as a member of Homo superius was conducted.
One of these days, I’m going to have to read what he said about relativity. I’d like to know more about my relations.

No comments: