Friday, November 4, 2011

Jackpot!

Didja ever hit a fairly substantial jackpot on a Las Vegas slot machine?

Every time I go to Las Vegas, I devote $100 to playing Megabucks. Been doing this for years, 'cause even though the odds are 280,000,000 to 1 that I won't hit the multi-million-dollar Megabucks jackpot, one can't win if one doesn't play.

Once at Lake Tahoe in 2001, I hit $750 on a Megabucks machine and the way it beeped and tooted and wailed, you'd think I hit the big one. It was so loud and ostentatious that I attracted quite a crowd - a crowd that turned away disappointed when they saw I'd only won $750.

Still, it was big enough for me to quit playing and wait an hour or so twiddling my thumbs until my friends all met at the appointed place at the appointed hour.

This last trip to Las Vegas, I hit a nice one on the Megabucks machine. Again, it wasn't the life-altering progressive jackpot of $10.9 million (not even a five-figure jackpot), but it was a good win, making the whole trip worthwhile.

So ... I hit a three-figure Megabucks jackpot in 2001, and 10 years later, I hit a four-figure Megabucks jackpot. Maybe 10 years from now, in 2021, I'll hit a bigger one?

Stay tuned.

No comments: