Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer at the Beach

View of Diamond Head from the Magic Island lagoon
Unless you live on an island with pristine beaches washed daily by warm ocean water and a brisk offshore wind, you don’t really know what summer paradise is.

I live in Hawaii. And to me, that’s the epitome of summer living. I don’t do much swimming any more, but I enjoy walking along the beach or in a park next to the sand, taking in the visual delight of sunbathers, children and gorgeous scenery.
Summertime in July is heaven in Hawaii. Even the occasional summer rain adds to mystique that pours into you like sweet honey on taro pancakes. I treasure the times when the light mist moves down from the Koolaus and kisses the cheek like a heavenly caress.
If you haven’t seen Diamond Head from the Magic Island lagoon, then you’ve just got to get away from home once in a while and have a picnic lunch in the park.
Look at that picture. I mean, REALLY look at that picture. Click on it to get a larger version and look at it. Isn’t Hawaii beautiful during the summer?
Then, come on down … consider this a personal invitation from me to you.

1 comment:

casch said...

Oh yes, it makes me want to hop on the next airplane just to sit on that gorgeous beach. It has been too many years since I have done that.