Thursday, July 28, 2011

Coffee Coffee!

Individual drip brewing
There’s a new coffee café (is that redundant?) open in Manoa Valley so the wife and I tried it out this morning. Morning Glass Coffee + Café has been open less than a week, so the place looks brand-spanking new without any wear and tear showing.

I didn’t know what to expect, except that I knew they were open early in the day.
You walk up to the counter and order, and they bring your coffee and food to the table, which qualifies it as a restaurant to me, so I can write about it in my “A Place for My Taste” restaurant blog.
They don’t’ serve full-on breakfasts during the week, offering a true breakfast menu only on Saturdays and Sundays. During the week, their morning menu consists primarily of coffee. Lots of different blends and prep styles – coffee of the day, Hawaiian coffee of the day, espresso, Americano, lattes, cappuccino, café mocha. Plus scones, muffins, coffee cake, pound cake, toast, and either a breakfast sandwich, frittata or some other breakfast special.
The wife had hot cocoa and a current scone (delicious), and I had a spinach, cheese (Meunstar) and tomato frittata (even more delicious), plus a mug of Ethiopian Duromina coffee (dark, strong and flavorful). I’ll provide more details another day in the restaurant blog.
They have the usual barista accoutrements and machines, and brew each cup of coffee individually in cone drips (see the photo above). They time each brew, and when you hear the ding of the timer, you know another cup is ready to be served.
Ahhh, coffee. It’s the high-octane boost that gets one going in the morning.

No comments: