Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Losing Battle

Maintaining a lush, green lawn is impossible at our house. There are weeds galore that have no problem making a home here.
No matter how much you dig and pull and clean out an area the size of Delaware, the weeds come back. I’m not talking crab grass, I’m talking … well, I have no idea what kind of plants they are that have found a permanent home in our yard.
In an effort to clear out the intruders, we invested in a couple of gallons of Roundup Weed & Grass Killer. It did what the name says … it killed the weed and the grass. So for a long while, we had to make do with a huge patch of bare dirt while waiting for the grass to grow back in from the edges.
Guess what? Only the weeds have returned. And again, I have no idea what kind they are. Oh, I take that back. Recently a flock of three-leaf clovers have taken up residence – those I can identify.
I guess I need to crawl around on my hands and knees searching for a four-leaf clover in the bunch.

1 comment:

casch said...

This made me laugh because I can identify. Possibly anyone with grass can identify. ~ That's why we bought a house without grass! Sounds crazy, doesn't it? It's the truth. The entire thing is landscaped without grass. We love it.