Sunday, November 21, 2010

At Close of Night

At Close of Night
By Craig Miyamoto, c. 2005

I talk with you at close of night
As Sandman beckons you,
It fills my heart with happiness
And pleasant deja vu.

The words are few, though meaningful,
They mostly come from me,
But in my heart I know you hear,
On this we shall agree.

I cannot emphasize enough
How having you appear,
Gives me unbridled happiness
To see my darling dear.

There is a glowing deep inside
That grows each passing day,
And brightens up considerably
Our togetherness bouquet.

You are the flower of my life,
You are my kitten sweet,
You are the dew of morning light,
My fairy love complete.

I gift to you my evening talk
Whenever I’m with you
For thee I love, my dearest one,
Our joy we doth renew.

(I don’t remember when I wrote this poem, but it must have been about five years ago, probably one day when I was a reflective mood.)

2 comments:

R. said...

Nice! I like the line "You are my kitten sweet." :)

Sylvia said...

This is so lovely!!!