Friday, July 30, 2010

What? Say What?

When I retired four years ago, I wanted to take it easy, to not be responsible for any other person’s actions – something I did practically all my life during my career in public relations. The wife, helpful woman that she is, suggested that I do something only on days of the week that ended with “Y.”

Damned fool that I was, I said okay. Score: Wife 1, Craig 0.

The wife said she didn’t want to cook, so she threw something together for dinner last night. I told her she missed what she was aiming at and needed to practice her throwing a little bit more.

The bump on my head seems to be going down. Score: Wife 1, Craig 1.

I’ve never been big on kids – little tiny kids. For some reason they like me, but they do get on my nerves. The wife loves kids. I told her it’s okay to have them come to the house, as long as they aren’t on their “pest” behavior.

“What about our grandson?” she asked. Score: Wife 2, Craig 1.

1 comment:

R. said...

You wife is a wise woman. Lol! :)