Monday, July 19, 2010

A Pagoda Grumble (Again)

I was forced to attend another family gathering at the Pagoda Floating Restaurant yesterday, since my grandson was visiting us with his parents, and my nephew and his wife were in Honolulu as well.
And again, I am compelled to grumble about it. To reiterate what I’ve said before, in general, the food isn’t too bad; it’s just that we always go there for these family things. You know me, I like variety AND a higher class of food and service when I dine out.
Last time, I grumbled about my omeletus vomitus. So what do I have to grumble about this time?
· A party of about 90 people used up all the parking spaces in their small lot, so my brother-in-law, my son, my nephew and I all had to drive around the block an unacceptable number of times to find open street parking for our cars.
· The brunch buffet food selection hasn’t changed since the last time I was there.
· They used cheap raw tuna for the poke; it had so much “string” in it, I could have flossed my teeth while chewing the fish.
· The English muffins used for the mass-produced Eggs Benedict were soft, limp and floppy (is that being redundant?), and the yolks were nearly hard-boiled.
· Some of the desserts ran out before we got to them, and weren’t replenished.
· My omelet was not too bad this time – it was toasted for sure, but at least it didn’t look like vomit.
· The prime rib, however, was another story. I asked the carver for the rarest piece he had, and THIS is what I got:
Nothing Rare About THIS Slice of Meat
I tell you … the Pagoda Floating Restaurant and I just don’t get along.

1 comment:

R. said...

But at least the company was good? :)