Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Spam Hotdogs

Spam hotdogs? SPAM HOTDOGS!? What the heck are those?

They’re Spam, that wonderful Hormel pork product all rolled up into hotdogs and residing innocently in your local supermarket deli case just waiting for you to take them home.

I came across these for the first time last Saturday while doing my grocery shopping for dinner (Saturday is the only time I cook dinner for the family and the Safeway jaunt is one of the highlights of my week … okay, okay, but just remember, I’m retired and have nothing better to do).

I had to try them. And you know what? They’re pretty good. Not real salty like Spam in the can, and not extra greasy as you’d expect. They have a nice, mild flavor that goes well with scrambled eggs.

They are on my “recommended list” now. But then again, remember that I’m the one who likes teriyaki beef tongue.

No comments: