Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Some Morning Thoughts

It’s a little early in the morning for me to do much deep thinking, but here are a couple of thoughts that I just felt like sharing:

Too Much Michael Jackson

Enough, already. This morning, I turned on the TV, wanting to get my morning dose of the news. Instead, all I got was the Michael Jackson memorial – on 13 different stations, including the one with my favorite local morning news program.

As I’ve said before, no disrespect is intended but can we all just move on?

Fans Protest AC Milan’s Sale of Kaka

That’s an actual headline in this morning’s Honolulu Advertiser sports section. Not being a soccer aficionado, I thought it meant that Mr. A.C. Milan’s fans were furious at him for selling his doo doo.

The story itself cleared it up. Supporters of the professional soccer team AC Milan are angry that the club sold their star – Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite (nicknamed “Kaka”) – for $92 million, and tossed smoke bombs and fire crackers during the team’s first preseason training camp session.

I don’t know who Kaka is, but if I were him, I’d seriously consider changing my nickname.

4 comments:

R. said...

Word re: MJ. It's unfortunate that he died, and I feel for his kids, but this is too much.

For $92 million, you can call me anything you want. ;)

Anonymous said...

I thought the same when I read the headline. . . . why are you selling doo doo? LOL!

Montee said...

I am with you on MJ. I did the same thing, turned on the TV to watch news and there it was. I just said," Oh,Kaka!"

casch said...

I agree with all of you! Enough already.