Monday, July 6, 2009

Ever Have One of Those Mornings?

I had a doc’s appointment today at 9:15 a.m. Usually when I am aware of the appointment the next day, I can fall asleep fairly early and wake up early enough to at least check my emails before dressing for the appointment.

Last night, however, I started watching Season 7 of “24,” and got hooked. I couldn’t stop until I’d seen seven episodes, so I was up until after midnight, which normally wouldn’t be a problem.

This morning, I sleepily opened my eyes and checked the time. 8:45! I had to be at the doc’s office in a half hour so I only had time to brush my teeth and shave.

Usually, I like to lounge around in bed for an hour or so after awakening, and watch about 20 minutes of the Regis and Kelly morning show. That didn’t happen today, and that’s messed up my body clock.

I’m probably going to be drowsy for the rest of the day, and that’s not good because I have to watch more episodes of “24” without falling asleep. Guess I'll have to just see how it turns out.

No comments: