Saturday, July 25, 2009

It Was a Biggie Bug Day

I’d been meaning to drive over to Pearlridge Shopping Center and check out the animated giant bug display in the uptown and downtown malls, and yesterday was the day. The wife and I piled into the car and moseyed on over there to gander a peek.

I have to say I was impressed with the displays; Pinchy was impressed, and Diana tolerated my enthusiasm, primarily because I think she just wanted to get out of the house. No matter … I had a good time.

Whenever I take Pinchy photos, I get a mixed reaction. Most of the time, people either just ignore me, or don’t notice. Once in a while, someone gets a kick out of it. Yesterday, I had kids staring at me throughout the excursion. I could just imagine them telling their moms afterwards: “Get me one of those furry little monkeys that sit on the finger, Mommy … please? Please? Please?”

I’ll be running more of the giant insect pictures on Pinchy’s website in the days to come. In fact, there’s one there already.

So … mission accomplished. But y’know, I understand there’s a similar display over at the Bishop Museum. I wonder if wifey would like to accompany me on THAT little safari? I know Pinchy would … in a heartbeat.

3 comments:

R. said...

I LOVE the giant insect head! I'd love to mount it above the sofa just to see how people react.

Anonymous said...

I was a little disappointed in the insect display at Bishop Museum. It's pretty much the same as the one at Pearlridge. I thought there would be more (which would have changed my opinion), but it's pretty much just the first floor. But with admission, you get to go to the other museum attractions, including the recently renovated Hawaii Hall, so it's worth the admission.

Craig Miyamoto said...

Thanks for the mini-review of the Bishop Museum exhibit, Cindy. I do need to get Pinchy pix at the museum so I just might go there anyway.