Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Favorite Supermarket in Silicon Valley

The first time I ever stepped foot into Lunardi's Market in Los Gatos (King's Court Shopping Center), my jaw dropped at the fabulous display in their meat department. The picture above shows about half of what they offer.

Lunardi's is rather selective in what they carry, which is just about everything you'd expect to find in any supermarket, but of a higher quality than I've ever come across. The meats are a good example of this.

One of my favorite items in the meat case is their chicken-mango breakfast sausage. They are sweet and delicious, and when sitting next to home-cooked scrambled eggs, they represent the best that breakfast should be.

The staff at Lunardi's is extremely helpful and eager to serve. Every few steps you take as you gaze upon the lamb, ribs, pork, beef, fish, poultry and sundry items, someone behind the counter will ask if you need help.

They have a great produce section as well. All of their fruits and vegetables seem to stand out in the most vibrant of colors. Their sushi is delicious, and their deli section is to die for. If you ever get a chance, try one of their hot soups.

Okay, I'm starting to sound like a commercial. I'd better stop.

No comments: