Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Here's to Invisibility

It's amazing how you can walk around town doing your own thing in a sometimes strange way, and nobody pays attention to you.

Today I did a small two-hour downtown Honolulu excursion, taking pictures of Heart-Throb Pinchy in front of various scenic and/or historial sites. Pinchy of course is my pet clasper monkey that has his own website (address listed in the right-size column of this page).

People just ignored me. Only once did someone stop and watch what I was doing. A young local woman did one of those "Ahhh, the cute!" reactions as I posed Pinchy on a wrought iron gate in front of the Mission Houses Museum. "Look!" she squealed, "his tail is waving in the wind!"

She walked away giggling to herself.

I'm glad I made someone happy today.

No comments: